Since the winter semester 2019/20, I have been teaching and researching at the Institute of Geography, University of Leipzig. My research focuses on:
- Processes of gentrification, displacement and dispossession in the neoliberal city
- Mechanisms and effects of the financialization of housing markets
- Urban conflicts and collective action
- New urban governance approaches
- Migration, social exclusion and the role of civil society in the recent shift to the right
Our colleague @sgonzalez_sara looking for campaign and community groups involved in saving/enhancing/promoting markets all around the UK. Get in touch with @markets4people if you know of any as they are holding a workshop soon in London
Interesting publication: 'Handbook of Territorial Politics' @ElgarPublishing. Beyond state-centric views; territory as an essential dimension of social and political debate!